Textbook of Radiotherapy
Walter and Miller's 8th ed
Descriptif détaillé : Textbook of Radiotherapy Walter and Miller's 8th ed
The book is divided into 2 sections. The first section covers physics and provides a comprehensive review of radiotherapy physics. This section is designed to be non-physicist friendly, to simply and clearly explain the physical principles upon which radiotherapy and its technology are based. The second section is a systematic review by tumour site giving an up to date summary of radiotherapy practice. The title also covers the place of chemotherapy, surgery and non-radiotherapy treatments as well as the principles of cancer patient treatment including supportive care and palliative treatments. It is a comprehensive must-have resource for anyone studying therapeutic radiotherapy.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Heavy emphasis on how clinical trials have influenced current practice.
- Shows how radiobiological knowledge has influenced current practice such as the fractionation regimens for breast and prostate cancer
- Proton therapy; machines, dose measurement, covering the clinical advantages and pitfalls of this treatment modality.
- New radiotherapy modalities such as stereotactic radiotherapy, types of intensity modulated radiotherapy and imaged guided radiotherapy are comprehensively covered as are recent advances in chemotherapy and molecular targeted therapy.
- In depth coverage of dose measurement and new devices.