1. Epidemiology and economic impact of diabetic foot ulceration. EJ Boyko, Seattle, USA.
2. Cost of Diabetic Foot Disease in England. M Kerr, London, UK.
3. Epidemiology of amputation and the influence of ethnicity. Caroline A. Abbott
4. The diabetic foot worldwide:
a. India – V Wiswanathan, Chennai.
b. Pakistan – Abdul Bashit, Karachi, Pakistan.
c. Sub-Saharan Africa – Z Abbas, Dar es Salam, Tanzania.
d. South America - H Pedrosa, Brasilia, Brazil.
e. Romania – N Gavan, Bucharest.
f. Pacific region – S Kono, Kyoto, Japan.
g. Middle East Samir Khalil, Alexandria, Egypt
h. Australasia – PA Lazzarini, Queensland, Australia.
5. Diabetic Neuropathy. D Selvarajah and S Tesfaye, Sheffield, UK.
6. The Pathway to Ulceration: Aetiopathogenesis and Screening. AJM Boulton, Manchester, UK.
7. Biomechanics of the Diabetic Foot for the Uninitiated. SA Bus, Amsterdam, NL.
8. Psychological and Behavioural Aspects of Diabetic Foot Ulceration. L Vileikyte, Manchester, UK/Miami, FL.
9. What role for the plain radiograph of the diabetic foot? R Whitehouse, Manchester, UK.
10. Imaging of the diabetic foot: computerised tomography, magnetic resonance imaging or other?” A Chabbra, UTSW, Dallas, USA.
11. Gait and exercise training in diabetic peripheral neuropathy. ND Reeves, Manchester, UK.
12. Smart technology in the prevention of foot ulceration. DG Armstrong, Los Angeles, USA.
13. How to assess the quality of clinical trials for diabetic foot ulcer therapies. F Game, Derby, UK.
14. Surgery or endovascular intervention in diabetic peripheral vascular disease:
a. Surgical– JL Mills and N Barshes, Houston, USA.- ask Dane
b. Endovascular – Edward Y. Woo MD Medstar Georgetown, Washington DC, USA.
15. In patient diabetic foot care – G Rayman, Ipswich, UK.
16. Global overview of diabetic foot infection and its management. B Lipsky, Seattle, USA/Oxford, UK.
17. Surgical approach to diabetic foot infections. J La Fontaine/LA Lavery/K Raspovic, Dallas, USA.
18. Dressings – is there an evidence base? – W Jeffcoate, UK.
19. Pathogenesis of Charcot neuroarthropathy and acute management. N Petrova, London, UK.
20. Surgical reconstruction of the Charcot foot. G Liu/K Raspovic, DK Wukich, Dallas, USA.
21. Amputation – from minor to major. A Schiff/M Pinzur, Chicago, USA.
22. Rehabilitation of the amputee – Karen Kowalske
23. Surgery for the diabetic foot: prophylactic and osteomyelitis surgery – is there an evidence base? – J Aragon-Sanchez, Spain.
24. Footwear and Orthoses for People with Diabetes. J Ulbrecht, State College, USA.
25. The Diabetic Foot in Remission . DG Armstrong/S Bus/AJM Boulton, USA/NL, UK.
26. Setting up a Diabetic Foot Clinic. ME Edmonds, London, UK.
27. NATIONAL AUDIT OF DIABETIC FOOT CARE . RJ Young/W Jeffcoate, UK/G Rayman, UK.
28. Regenerative Medicine and the Diabetic Foot. G Gurtner, Stanford, CA, USA.
29. Role of the plastic surgeon in diabetic foot care. JP Hong, Asan Medical Center Seoul, South Korea.
30. Algorithms for diabetic foot care:
a. Management of the hot swollen foot. ME Edmonds, UK.
b. Approach to the new diabetic foot ulceration. ME Edmonds, UK.
c. Vascular evaluation – R Hinchliffe, Bristol, UK.
d. Diabetic foot infection. BA Lipsky, USA/UK.