Practical MR Mammography 2nd Edition
|Date de parution||16 avril 2012|
|Dimension||21 x 27|
Descriptif détaillé : Practical MR Mammography 2nd Edition
A practical, systematic guide to performing and evaluating high-quality breast MRI from one of the world's leading authorities.
Acclaim for the first edition : "A handy reference of MRI findings for practicing radiologists in their daily work indications for breast MRI are excellently presented, strongly recommended" Acta Radiologica.
"Interesting and instructive book... the author successfully presents, evaluates and discusses the use of MR in the imaging of the breast.. Each chapter is enriched by numerous, clear and demonstrative illustrations... should be in the hands of all radiologists who practice mammography... and those who should know when and why MR mammography should be performed". Journal of Clinical Imaging.
Firmly established as a valuable diagnostic technique, especially where a high degree of sensitivity and specificity is required, breast MRI plays a key role in the early detection of breast cancer and evaluation of breast disease. This updated and expanded second edition of Fischer's classic Practical MR Mammography presents a detailed, systematic guide to performing and analyzing high-quality breast MRI. Useful for both beginners and experienced practitioners, it not only covers important indications, findings and pathologies, but also explains how the examination is performed, how the best images are obtained, how the correct diagnosis is achieved, and how errors can be prevented.
Special features of the Second Edition
- Nearly 1400 exquisitely clear, high-resolution MR images of both common and rare breast lesions, helping you pinpoint each finding in great detail
- Highlighted text boxes that summarize findings on MRI and other standard imaging modalities
- New chapted on MRM-BIRADS (Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System) that discusses the standard terminology, characteristics, and lesion categorization used in today's breast MRI examinations
- Updates on improved detection of ductal carcinoma in situ with breast MRI
- New indications for MRI-guided breast interventions and strategies. Integrating the histology, epidemiology, prognosis and clinical significance of breast disease, and covering preoperative staging, imaging the augmented breast, disease recurrence, quality control and more.