Pharmacology: an essential textbook
|Auteur||Mark A. Simmons|
|Date de parution||1 décembre 2020|
|Nombre de pages||458|
|Dimension||21 x 27|
Descriptif détaillé : Pharmacology: an Essential Textbook
The clear and concise text presents important, clinically relevant pharmacology knowledge and concepts students must master. The updated edition includes the addition of new drugs, a chapter on water and fatsoluble vitamins, a greater number of clinical questions, and a fresh design.
What is the content of "Pharmacology : An Essential Textbook, Second Edition" ?
- Hundreds of full-color illustrations, beautiful infographics, and summary tables provide visual depictions of important concepts
- The succinct, bullet-point format focuses on must-master information
- Flow charts used to delineate drug effects make complex interactions between different cells and organs easier to comprehend
- Sidebars build on and integrate learning across the basic sciences and apply it to the clinical setting
- Over 400 board-style and factual self-testing questions with explanatory answers are ideal for exam practice
- An additional 200 questions and answers are available online at MedOne via the scratch-off code in the book
This book provides robust test prep for the USMLE® Step 1, COMLEX Level 1, NAPLEX, NCLEX and other licensing exams.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Who is the author of "Pharmacology : An Essential Textbook, Second Edition" ?
Mark A. Simmons Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences; Director, Pharmaceutical Science Graduate Program, University of Maryland, Eastern Shore, USA.
Dr. Simmons teaches pharmacology. Prior to joining UMES, he was on the faculty at Northeast Ohio Medical University and Kent State University and, prior to that, at Marshall University School of Medicine. The focus of Dr. Simmons’ research is on the molecular, cellular, and behavioral actions of drugs that affect the cardiovascular and nervous system.