Video atlas of ophthalmic suturing
Fundamentals and Techniques
Description détaillée : Video atlas of ophthalmic suturing
The text and videos not only cover essential suturing techniques, but merge these concepts with critical principles of wound healing, tissue biomechanics, ergonomics, and the physical properties of common ophthalmic sutures and surgical needles. This atlas fills a significant knowledge gap in educational ophthalmic surgery literature, and greatly enhances the fundamental knowledge and skills provided in ophthalmic surgical training programs.
What is the content of "Video Atlas of Ophthalmic Suturing" ?
The reader is guided step by step starting with history, safety, basic principles, and the role of the suture in wound healing. Subsequent chapters cover all aspects of sutures - from design and proper selection of tools to basic skills and advanced techniques. The instructional videos, accompanying text, and high-quality illustrations provide the resources necessary to develop muscle memory, tactile experience, and conceptual understanding required for eventual mastery. The easy-to-follow didactics enable practicing and replicating various skills in a training lab environment.
- Fifty ophthalmic surgery videos utilize non-biological model materials and larger sutures than those used in ophthalmic practice, clearly demonstrating the technical and spatial aspects of suturing maneuvers
- The videos are provided as QR codes directly in the book and are also on the accompanying Media Center site
- A chapter on safe practices, a critical issue rarely discussed in surgical texts, helps prevent the risk of sharps injuries in the operating room
- Discussion of the composition and properties of common surgical threads used in ophthalmic surgery enables proper selection of sutures, needles, holders, forceps, and stitching patterns for specific cases
- Clinical pearls on topics such as tissue stabilization, proper hand position, avoiding common errors, and complications
- A self-assessment quiz ensures a solid understanding of the material presented
Unique in the field, this outstanding reference provides the beginning ophthalmic surgeon practical knowledge of anatomy, pathophysiology, wound healing, biomechanics, and hands-on suturing techniques. Teaching ophthalmologists will discover robust material from which to design didactic and wet lab resident courses.
Who is the author of "Video Atlas of Ophthalmic Suturing" ?
Dr. Steven E. Brooks is a national leader in the field of strabismus, pediatric ophthalmology and retinopathy of prematurity (ROP).
À PARAÎTRE OU DERNIÈRE PARUTION DANS LA MÊME CATÉGORIE :
- A paraître
Expédition le jour-même si commande passée avant 15h30 (du lundi au vendredi hors jours fériés)
Bénéficiez de la remise de 5% en choisissant le retrait en magasin
d'achats en France Métropolitaine
sous 14 jours ouvrés
Lundi au Vendredi : de 10h à 18h30
au 04 67 63 62 19 ou par email