NEUROSCIENCE 6TH EDITION
NEUROSCIENCE 6TH EDITION
Description détaillée : NEUROSCIENCE 6TH EDITION
Neuroscience: Fundamentals for Rehabilitation, 6th Edition provides an illustrated guide to neurology and how it affects the practice of physical and occupational therapy.
Case studies and first-person stories from people with neurologic disorders make it easier to develop clinical reasoning skills and apply your knowledge to the clinical setting. This edition includes an enhanced eBook free with each purchase of a new print book.
Written by noted PT educator Laurie Lundy-Ekman, Neuroscience uses evidence-based research to help you evaluate and treat clients who have physical limitations due to nervous system damage or disease.
New to this edition
- Quick Reference Lists on the inside book covers make it easy to find frequently consulted figures, reflexes, tables, and summaries within the text.
- Updated chapters include Pain as a Disease and as a Symptom, Motor System: Upper Motor Neurons, Motor and Psychologic Functions, Brainstem Region, and Neurologic Tests.
- 85 new or updated figures are added to this edition.
- Nearly 600 new references are added to this edition.
- Enhanced eBook version – included with print purchase – allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Answers to the book’s case studies and a student workbook with approximately 1,000 practice questions and answers are included in the eBook.
- Logical, systems approach to neuroscience makes it easier to master complex information and provides a framework for conducting a neurologic examination and evaluation.
- Clinical perspective of neuroscience is provided through case studies, personal stories written by people with neurologic disorders, and summaries of key features of neurologic disorders and the body systems they affect.
- Six sections — Overview of Neurology, Neuroscience at the Cellular Level, Development of the Nervous System, Vertical Systems, Regions, and Neurologic Tests — first show how neural cells operate, and then allow you to apply your knowledge of neuroscience.
- Coverage of key physical rehabilitation topics includes abnormal muscle tone, chronic pain, control of movement, and differential diagnosis of dizziness.
- Hundreds of color-coded illustrations show body structures and functions across systems.
- Full-color atlas includes photographs of the human brain along with labeled line drawings.
- Clinical Notes case studies demonstrate how neuroscience concepts may be applied to clinical situations.
- Pathology boxes provide a quick summary of the features of neurologic disorders commonly encountered in rehabilitation practice.
Laurie Lundy-Elkman : author of "Neuroscience : Fundamentals for Rehabilitation 6th"
Laurie Lundy-Ekman, PhD, PT, Pacific University, Forest Grove, Oregon, USA.
À PARAÎTRE OU DERNIÈRE PARUTION DANS LA MÊME CATÉGORIE :
Expédition sous 6 à 10 jours
Bénéficiez de la remise de 5% en choisissant le retrait en magasin
d'achats en France Métropolitaine
sous 14 jours ouvrés
Lundi au Vendredi : de 10h à 18h30
au 04 67 63 62 19 ou par email