Merritt's Neurology 14th edition
Merritt's Neurology 14th edition
Description détaillée : Merritt's Neurology 14th edition
The fourteenth edition reflects the state of today's practice, with fully updated content and timely new sections and chapters.
With this edition, Dr. James Noble joins Drs. Elan Louis and Stephan A. Mayer as co-editor, all of whom trained at Columbia University where Dr. H. Houston Merritt wrote the initial editions of this book.
Lauded for its comprehensive coverage, colorful and dynamic visual style, readability, and ease of use, this up-to-date reference is ideal for neurologists, primary care physicians, and residents alike.
What is the content of "Merritt's Neurology 14th edition" ?
- Contains more than 150 succinct chapters that offer essential information on signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, and neurologic disorders of all etiologies.
- Includes a new section on the global burden of neurological disease, coverage of neurological implications of COVID-19, and new chapters covering:
- Sepsis associated encephalopathy
- New treatment modalities of previously incurable disorders, including inherited neuromuscular diseases
- New treatments with improved efficacy and tolerability in acute stroke and multiple sclerosis, among others
- Incorporation of new emerging and established biomarkers into practice
- Helps you quickly navigate the text and easily visualize neurologic topics with a vivid, highly illustrated, full-color format throughout. Many figures and tables have been incorporated throughout the text for quick reference.
- Electronic versions of the book will feature a series of new “Need to Know Neurology” video clips that focus on key take-home messages.
- The textbook can also be bundled with Merritt’s Neurology Board Review, a forthcoming companion book with over 500 sample board review questions and answers.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Who are the authors of "Merritt's Neurology 14th edition" ?
Dr. Elan Louis is Professor and Chair of the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in disorders of involuntary movement and is considered the world’s leading scholar in essential tremor (ET).
Dr. Louis’s research focuses on the genetics, epidemiology, and pathophysiology of tremor disorders. Dr. Louis established the Essential Tremor Centralized Brain Repository – a national centralized brain bank for the study of ET.He has authored more than 700 peer-reviewed scientific articles and book chapters and written invited editorials and reviews for Annals of Neurology, New England Journal of Medicine, and Lancet Neurology.
Dr Stephan A. Mayer is Director of Neurocritical Care and Emergency Neurology Services, Westchester Medical Center Health System and Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery (pending) at New York Medical College. Dr. Mayer is a practicing neurointensivist and is considered a world leader in the field. He has published more than 280 original research articles, 190 chapters and review articles, 370 abstracts, and written or edited 10 books, including the most recent edition of Merritt’s Textbook of Neurology, considered a standard text in the field.
Dr. James Noble His professional leadership has been recognized by the American Academy of Neurology, which has selected him to the Emerging Leaders Forum. Dr. Noble is recognized as a leader in neurologic education at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, as its former clerkship director and a scholar in the Virginia Apgar Teaching Academy.
À PARAÎTRE DANS LA MÊME CATÉGORIE :
- A paraître
Expédition sous 4 à 8 jours
Bénéficiez de la remise de 5% en choisissant le retrait en magasin
d'achats en France Métropolitaine
sous 14 jours ouvrés
Lundi au Vendredi : de 10h à 18h30
au 04 67 63 62 19 ou par email