Develop the critical thinking skills you need to choose and fit effective orthoses for patients with hand injuries and functional deficits. As a combination workbook/textbook, Introduction to Orthotics, 5th Edition uses reader friendly language to cover the theory, design, and fabrication of orthopedic devices. Ideal for use in the classroom or in the clinical setting, it emphasizes upper extremity versus hand orthoses, with additional coverage of lower extremity orthotics and upper extremity prosthetics, and offers case studies promoting clinical reasoning and problem solving as well as an occupation-based approach. This new edition also demonstrates the fine detail of orthotics and equips you with a repertoire of skills and knowledge related to orthoses.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- NEW! chapter covering Casting techniques provides guidance regarding current advances.
- NEW! Chapter for Professional Issues Related to Orthotic Provision.
- NEW! Elbow, Forearm, and Shoulder Immobilization Orthoses expands the content that previously only addressed elbow and forearm orthoses to include shoulder immobilization orthoses.
- NEW! Photos and illustrations for pre-fabrication, fitting, and fabrication techniques appear throughout the text.
- NEW! Evidence-based practice charts