Netter's infectious diseases, 2nd edition
Description détaillée : Netter's infectious diseases, 2nd edition
Concise visual overviews of essential topics provide a convenient trustworthy way to review the basics of a given infectious disease or issue or to share with patients or staff. Drs. Elaine Jong and Dennis Stevens cover the basics of this complex field using memorable illustrations by world-renowned artist Frank H. Netter and others offering a time-saving authoritative look at infectious diseases life cycles clinical presentations and pathophysiology.
What is the content of "Netter's Infectious Diseases 2nd Edition" ?
- Covers major conditions and problems such as vaccine-preventable diseases, drug-resistant staph, community acquired pneumonia, surgical infections, pyelonephritis, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections—and provides updated approaches to diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and standards of care.
- Includes new clinical vignettes added to most chapters.
- Provides updated and expanded coverage of emerging infectious diseases such as multidrug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB), neuroangiostrongyliasis (rat lungworm disease), Ebola virus, Severe Acute Respiratory Disease (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Coronavirus Infectious Disease-2019 (COVID-19), and novel influenza viruses including public health concerns.
- Covers vector-borne diseases including malaria, yellow fever, Zika infections and congenital Zika syndrome, West Nile fever, Lyme disease, tick-borne encephalitis, and Chagas disease plus others.
- New chapters on travelers’ diarrhea, cholera, and primary amebic meningoencephalitis debut in the section on international travel and outdoor activities.
- Contains memorable parasite life cycles and unforgettable parasite infection clinical vignettes.
- Features unparalleled illustrations by Drs. Frank H. Netter, Carlos Machado, and others, as well as radiologic images.
- Provides 24 printable patient education brochures in the enhanced ebook.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Who are the authors of "Netter's Infectious Diseases 2nd Edition" ?
Elaine C. Jong, MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine; Director, Hall Health Primary Care Center; Medical Director, UW Campus Health Services; Director Emeritus, UW Travel & Tropical Medicine Clinic, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Dennis L. Stevens, MD, PhD, Chief, Infectious Diseases Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Boise, ID Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA; Chief, Infectious Diseases Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Boise, Idaho, USA
À PARAÎTRE OU DERNIÈRE PARUTION DANS LA MÊME CATÉGORIE :
- A paraître
- A paraître
Expédition sous 6 à 10 jours
Bénéficiez de la remise de 5% en choisissant le retrait en magasin
d'achats en France Métropolitaine
sous 14 jours ouvrés
Lundi au Vendredi : de 10h à 18h30
au 04 67 63 62 19 ou par email