Hughes, Mansel & Webster's Benign Disorders and Diseases of the Breast, 3rd edition
Descriptif détaillé : Hughes, Mansel & Webster's Benign Disorders and Diseases of the Breast, 3rd edition
By far the majority of women presenting with a breast complaint wil be diagnosed as having a benign rather than malignant condition. Despite this, clinical and research interest has always favoured breast cancer, and few publications have attempted to cover benign breast disorders as an independent entity focusing on benign breast disease in relation to breast cancer and none provide the complete and pragmatic coverage found in this text. Hughes, Mansel and Webster's Benign Disorders and Diseases of the Breast represents the distillation of over 35 years of clinical experience and research in the Cardiff Clinic and is unique in its depth of coverage of the entire spectrum of benign breast complaints.
The third edtion of this critically acclaimed book provides practical and detailed management guidelines. Relevant investigations are discussed and clear advice is given for the most effective treatment strategies in each condition, including dealing with treatment failures and recurring problems. The underlying pathology and physiology are also discussed from the clinician's viewpoint to help understand clinical presentations and response to treatment.
New to this edition
- Includes a brand new chapter on risk-management and evaluation to help you make the best choice for treatment, particularly with high-risk patients
- Presents results of important clinical trials in order to present the latest evidence in the field
- Integrates pathology throughout a more comprehensive review of each condition and to help you assess the implications of the pathologist's report
- Reorganizes the content throughout to better reflect the information you need
- Uses boxed and highlighted text to make finding what you need quick and easy