Now in its eighth edition, this market-leading textbook introduces the formation and function of blood cells and the diseases that arise from dysfunction and disruption of these processes.
What is the content of the new edition ?
Beautifully presented with over 300 stunning colour illustrations, the new edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect recent advances in knowledge of the pathogenesis of blood diseases and their diagnosis and treatment.
This new text:
- Describes disorders and diseases of the blood such as the various anaemias and white cell disorders, leukaemias, lymphomas and myeloma, as well as bleeding and thrombotic disorders
- Incorporates the latest World Health Organization (WHO) classification of haematological neoplastic diseases
- Reviews contemporary application of multiparameter flow cytometry, DNA sequencing and other technologies in evaluating patients with suspected haematological disease
- Discusses the therapeutic use of chimeric antigen T-cells, mono- and bi-specific monoclonal antibodies, inhibitors of intracellular signalling pathways and direct orally acting anticoagulants
- Includes sections on blood transfusion and the haematological aspects of systemic diseases, pregnancy and the neonate
Hoffbrand's Essential Haematology is a vital resource for all students and trainees, and a valuable reference for practicing specialists wishing to update their knowledge.
Who are the authors of "Hoffbrand's Essential Haematology" ?
Victor Hoffbrand is Emeritus Professor of Haematology, University College London and Honorary Consultant Haematologist, the Royal Free Hospital London, UK.
David Steensma is Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, and Haematologist and Oncologist at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, USA.