Defects of the heart and great vessels span a broad spectrum. Modern medical progress has enabled more than 90% of patients to reach adulthood. In many cases, however, patients remain ill throughout their lives, with significant limits on quality of life and physical capacity. Our ongoing goals are to improve treatment options even further.
This book details all important imaging techniques for diagnosing congenital heart defect and assessing their severity. The author is a highly experienced expert in her fields, making her clinical experience available to readers who can then implement that knowledge in their own daily routine.
- All key imaging modalities, including 2D and 3D echocardiography, cardiac catheter exams, MRI and MR angiography, CT, and chest X-ray
- Descriptions of general and technical fundamentals, a structure based on clinical pictures, and current standard values
- Crucial information emphasized in callout boxes and tabular overviews
- Supports the professional dialogue between all the involved caretakers
- Richly illustrated with more than 1,000 stunning images from the newest generation of devices
Gutberlet's Imaging of Congenital Heart Defects: Diagnosis and Image-Guided Treatment will be welcomed by pediatric and general radiologists as a comprehensive, multimodality guide to the diagnosis and management of congenital heart defects.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.