The surgery of childhood tumors 2nd edition
- Descriptif détaillé : The surgery of childhood tumors 2nd edition
- One-stop reference work on all aspects of childhood tumors
- Each tumor is dealt with in detail providing epidemiology, cytogenetics, and molecular biology
- Includes details of operative techniques supplemented by operative illustrations
- Integrates scientific and technological developments with guidelines for diagnosis and therapy
Beginning with the scientific basis of tumors, "The Surgery of Childhood Tumors" provides up-to-date information on epidemiology, cytogenetics and molecular biology, before looking at current treatments, integrating surgery, neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Additionally, a chapter on counseling reflects the book's holistic approach to treating children with cancer.
The chapters are written by world-renowned international authorities on pediatric cancer from major children's cancer groups in the UK, Europe and the US. Contributors discuss geographical variations in treatment for each type of tumor. Excellent full-colour pictures and detailed line drawings illustrate all aspects of managing childhood tumors, including technical details of operation which are often neglected in other texts. This comprehensive book provides a contemporary approach for pediatric, general and urological surgeons dealing with childhood tumors. New chapters in this second edition provide the latest developments and strategies in pediatric surgical oncology.
- Avis des internautes : The surgery of childhood tumors 2nd edition