Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing
- Descriptif détaillé : Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing
The needs of critically ill children are unique and highly specialised. Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing is an essential manual of care and an invaluable resource to all those involved in the care of critically ill children and young people. Covering all the key aspects of paediatric intensive care, it is a fully comprehensive textbook which provides an evidence based, and up to date guide for all nurses who work with critically ill children.
Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing is structured in four user-friendly sections:
- The first section looks at the general background of paediatric intensive care
- Section two employs a systems approach, with each chapter focusing on a specific disease and following the same framework. This includes treating children with cardiac conditions, acute neurological dysfunction, muscular skeletal injuries and gastrointestinal and endocrine care
- Section three looks at the essential care of managing pain relief, transportation needs and treating wounds
- The final section explores the holistic aspects of nursing - nutrition and fluid management, infection control issues, safeguarding children and spirituality and bereavement.
Written by a team of experts in the field, Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing is indispensable reading for nurses and health care professionals working with critically ill children.
- Avis des internautes : Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing