External fixation in Orthopedic Traumatology
- Descriptif détaillé : External fixation in Orthopedic Traumatology
- External fixation in Orthopedic traumatology is the only textbook on the market that addresses the specific issue of external fixation in the acute setting as a whole. Other textbooks have explored the issue but either focusing on lengthening techniques (Ilizarov), focusing on one body part (pelvis), or focusing on one external fixation brand (Orthofix) The editors have a life long expertise in the field of external fixation, one of them (DS) having contributed to their designs.
- The editors and authors have a rich variety of backgrounds with experience in the military, application of these techniques in economically disadvantaged areas and training in different part of the world including the USA, Europe and the Asian continent giving a flavour of universality to this textbook
- The textbook contains drawings, illustrations and clinical photographs detailing surgical techniques and various types of external fixation constructs enabling the reader to rapidly visualise and understand the concepts described
- The authors involved have an international reputation in their area of expertise (Pape and Giannoudis in ‘Damage control orthopedics’
- Detailed chapter on biomechanics of external fixation which is a concept lacking in the literature
External fixation in Orthopedic traumatology is a textbook that focuses on the use of external fixation in the acute management of patients with serious orthopaedic injuries. The book highlights the indications for external fixation and provides an evidenced based guide to both the specialist orthopedic surgeon and the trainee. The manuscript is organised in 14 chapters covering the indications and surgical techniques for pelvis, lower limb and upper limb injuries, including detailed illustrations and clinical photographs that will enable the reader to rapidly visualise the structure of the construct and to plan the surgery accordingly. More general topics such as damage control orthopedics, the biomechanics of external fixation and medico-legal considerations surrounding the injured patients are also included to provide an overall picture of the Orthopedic trauma patient. The Combined experience of the editors and authors, their involvement in a number of external fixation system designs and their international reputation in the field contribute to making this textbook an essential tool that should be available to all orthopaedic surgeons dealing with injured patients.
- Avis des internautes : External fixation in Orthopedic Traumatology