Cavernous malformations of the brain and spinal cord
- Descriptif détaillé : Cavernous malformations of the brain and spinal cord
This book presents a comprehensive overview of the basic science and current clinical knowledge on cavernous malformations of the brain and spinal cord. Cavernous Malformations of the Brain and Spinal Cord begins by covering general aspects of the disease, including the natural history, molecular biology, pathological processes, genetic basis, neuroradiology, and classification of cavernous malformations. Separate chapters then addresses the various types of cavernous malformations, thoroughly describing the clinical presentation and management approaches for each clinical situation. Incisive review of recent literature sheds light on topics of incidence, location, and outcomes.
- Clinical insights regarding indications for surgery, surgical techniques, outcomes, and prognostic factors drawn from the authors extensive experiences
- Discussion of treatment of patients with specific disorders, such as epilepsy
- coverage of cavernous malformations as dynamic lesions with descriptions of de novo formation and lesions induced by irradiation
Neurosurgeons, neurologists, and neuroradiologists, especially those caring for patients with seizures and hemorrhagic stroke, will benefit from the wealth of information in this complete reference.
- Avis des internautes : Cavernous malformations of the brain and spinal cord